I love both hair and makeup and enjoy working with clients to create the look they really want.
My work is mainly in the bridal field – and I love supporting the bride all the way through her journey.
I feel it is important to be able to communicate ideas and styles with clients and by adding my advice and experience we get an amazing result.
My career as a hair makeup artist started after I was a flight attendant for 8 years. Prior to that I had trained as a beauty therapist. I had always loved doing people’s hair and makeup so after my generous husband paid for my course I leapt into my passion to become qualified and totally change careers.I studied at (what was then ) the film, TV and fashion college in east London – Greasepaint ..know known as The Iver Academy. That was nearly 15 years ago and I haven’t looked back.
I moved to New Zealand in 2011 and have 2 young children with my Kiwi husband. We decided living in New Zealand would be a better place to raise them than the UK. I launched my own business ‘Mackwood Beauty’ with months of arriving and along with hair and makeup, I brought back my beauty skills to my business. I am able to offer lash extensions, spray tans and facials to my clients and have further up skilled to microneedling, peels and lash lifts.
My work history UK
- TV -BBC Antiques roadshow
- Films – makeup assistant on Gulivers travels
- Jewish Film – Sidney Turtlebaum
- London West end musical – Hairspray (makeup team)
- Madame Tussaud’s (wax museum)
- Have worked with Kate Winslet, Dame Judi Dench, Amanda Redman, Catherine Tate
In NZ ..
- Remix Magazine
- The Beauty Bible
- My Wedding Magazine
- Worked with fashion designers Adrian Hailwood, Jordan Rondel (the caker )
- Irene van Dyke (Tall by design )
- Amy Fraser (Ok real)
- Moana Maniapoto, Kaea Pearce (Royal family dancer) music video
- Many photographers including Carmen Bird and Chris Turner